A recipe from inside of Liv’s Dairy Free Kitchen
This Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball is an incredible dairy free substitute for original cream cheese. It’s creamy, spreadable and super easy to make. Use in any of your favorite recipes. It is best used in raw cheesecakes, cheese balls, sauces, dips and spreads. Enjoy!
Tips to making this recipe
- Cashews – use raw, unsalted cashews. Soaking the cashews helps to improve digestion by activating enzymes within the nuts. It also softens the nuts making them easier to blend into a smooth consistency.
- Refined coconut oil – it is important to buy refined coconut oil as it is processed to remove the coconut flavor. This is key when making savory recipes and in products that you don’t want to taste like coconut.
- Lemon juice – I like to use fresh lemon juice as I find it tastes better, however bottled lemon juice is also an option.
- High speed blender – it is crucial to have a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec to full pulverize the nuts into a smooth consistency. If you do not have a high-speed blender or if you use a food processor be prepared for a little bit of particular in your cashew cream cheese.
Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1 cup cashews soaked & drained
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
Soak cashews in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
Combine all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until hardened.