If you’ve been looking for a gluten free and dairy free crepe recipe that still has the same texture and flavor as a regular crepe, you have come to the right place! These crepes can be made as thin as you like and hold up during the flipping process. Enjoy them with sweet or savory toppings.
Sweet or Savory Gluten Free Crepes (Dairy Free)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk I used unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted I use MELT brand vegan butter
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
Optional Sweet Toppings
- Honey roasted macadamia nuts
- Coco whip
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Pure maple syrup
- Almond butter
Optional Savory Toppings
- Fried egg
- Ham or bacon
- Smoked lox or vegan lox (usually carrot based)
- Dairy free cream cheese I like Violife brand
- Dairy free cheese slice I like Violife brand
- Hot sauce
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with an electric beater. Whisk in dairy free milk, water and vegan butter. Whisk in gluten free flour. Mix on medium for 1 minute or until batter is smooth.
Add a drizzle of cooking oil to a non-stick pan. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the center of the greased pan. Pick up the pan and swirl to spread the batter evenly to make a thin circle. Cook over medium heat for 60 seconds or until bubbles start to form on the top of the crepe. Flip the crepe and cook for another 60 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Place the crepe onto a plate, laying it flat. Serve the crepes with your favorite sweet or savory toppings.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days or freeze individually for up to 2 months. Thaw frozen crepes on the counter. Microwave, gently pan fry or toast to rewarm.