This is an elixir I’ve been recreating for years which was inspired by the once loved vegan restaurant in Edmonton, Noorish. This blended latte has an infusion of different herbs that help to support the nervous system and adrenal glands, which is especially important through times of stress. With subtle hints of mint and holy basil, it’s a lovely warm drink to help unwind and relax in the evening. It is also rich in B vitamins, chlorophyll, silica and other minerals to help replenish the body. This elixir can also be made using an adrenal support or nervine support tincture, such as Harmonic Arts Uplifted Spirits. If using a tincture, add less than the recommended amount and always consult a practitioner before use to ensure no contraindications with medication.
To make this drink you will first make an infusion with the herbs to extract the medicinal properties of the herbs.
Infusion – steeping herb in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Used for fragile herbs such as flower, leaves, fruit and scented seeds. Help to retain volatile oils of plant.
You will then strain the herbs off the infusion and transfer the liquid to a blender to blend with the remaining ingredients to create an elixir.
Elixir – a blended drink, warm or cold, containing herbs, spices, plants or plant extracts that amplify the nutrient content and physiological effects that the body experiences.
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp spearmint dried
- 1 tbsp holy basil dried (optional)
- 1 tsp horsetail dried (optional)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened oat milk warmed
- 2 tsp raw honey or 1 pitted medjool date
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 fresh mint leaves or 1 drop of food grade peppermint oil
- 1/4 tsp spirulina or chlorella or both I use the brand Tripow which is local to Edmonton
- Optional: Harmonic Arts Uplifted Spirits Tincture or other nervine/adrenal support tincture (dose as recommended on bottle) always consult with a practitioner to ensure no contraindications with medication
Steep holy basil, horsetail and spearmint in hot water for 15 minutes.
Strain and add tea to blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth.
Leave a Reply