Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk can substitute for any other tetra pack milk alternative
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ cup dairy free butter I use the brand MELT
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 4 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups peeled grated zucchini if using frozen grated zucchini make sure to drain the liquid off and pat dry with paper towel
- ½ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 muffin pans with muffin liners.
In a small bowl mix vinegar and milk to sour.
In a large bowl with electric beaters, mix together sour mixture with dairy free butter, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add rest of ingredients.
Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl; flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder.
Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold together using a spatula until smooth. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick to ensure the centres are cooked. If it comes out clean it is cooked.
Store in a sealed container on the counter for up to 3 days and then freeze. To serve from frozen, microwave for a few seconds until soft and warm. Great for meal prep!