Fresh pico de gallo or salsa is my favorite compliment to add to any dish to heighten the flavors. This fresh pico pairs lovely with tacos, nachos, burritos, quesadillas, salad bowls, rice bowls or plain tortilla chips. It takes 5 minutes to prepare and will surely become a staple in your house one you learn how easy it is to make.
5 Minute Pico de Gallo (Fresh Salsa)
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes finely diced
- 1/4 cup red or white onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice approximately 1 lime
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped, remove seeds if you prefer mild spice (optional)
Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit for 30 minutes before enjoying. You may want to drain any excess liquid that may accumulate from the tomatoes.
Serve with tortilla chips or on tacos, quesadillas, burritos, eggs, salad bowls or rice bowls.